Did know that simPRO has a growing number of industry associations we regularly work with?
Maybe you've seen us in your Master Electricians or Master Plumbers magazine. Or, visited our booths at a local NZ Security Association trade show!
Our software plays a key role in many service and maintenance businesses around the country. Which is why we place a lot of value in partnering with the associations that support them.
One of the factors impacting our customers at the moment is the labour shortage affecting New Zealand's service and maintenance industries.
Industry associations - like the ones we mentioned below - are supporting businesses during this time by offering a range of onboarding and upskilling opportunities for everyone operating in trades.
Below is a look at some of the associations we partner with and the training and events they offer to upskill staff - all to better prepare trade businesses to meet the future.
Master Electricians is the professional trade organisation for electrical contracting businesses in New Zealand. They aim to provide services, information and support to members - and the wider electrical contracting industry - while also representing, promoting and advancing their interests.
Some of their avenues of support include:
- Over-the-phone technical support or face-to-face meetings with Regional Managers to help electrical contractors understand:
- Regulations and standards
- Workplace Health and Safety Management Systems
- Resources to help calculate business costs.
- Professional advice on the Construction Contracts Act, as well as contract and tendering information.
- The Electrical Training Company (ETCO), an organisation that was established to provide employment and training opportunities for apprentices and tradespeople.
NZSA - New Zealand Security Association
NZSA aims to support and promote the thriving security industry in New Zealand. They offer businesses a range of support surrounding regulations and employment in the security industry, including:
- The MSD Work Broker Programme, where the NZSA will work with the Ministry of Social Development to identify and process security candidates suitable for work.
- A range of networking opportunities to help industry professionals improve contacts and gather knowledge.
- Resources and alerts to inform members of changes in legislation and training requirements.
For over 100 years they have been committed to providing members with the resources and training to stay up to date with the latest technologies, trends and compliance requirements.
Master Plumbers offers a wide range of support, including:
- Masterlink, a management and training facility for apprentices in the plumbing industry.
- Training and courses for professionals at every level.
- Industry events to create networking and learning opportunities for plumbing businesses.
Registered Master Landscapers (RML)
RML is a leading representative organisation for the landscaping industry in New Zealand. For more than 30 years, RML has committed to the education and advancement of professional standards surrounding landscaping.
The support that RML offers its members includes:
- A strict Code of Conduct that guides members to carry out professional business practices.
- An annual conference that offers learning opportunities, case studies about the latest trends and best practices, new business opportunities and more.
- Biennial Landscapes of Distinction Awards to highlight outstanding projects that members have been involved in.
- The Young Landscaper of the Year Award to encourage the next generation of landscaping professionals.
Partnering with these associations is just one way we support our customers.
For over 100 years this organisation has been committed to providing plumbing businesses with the resources and training to stay up to date with the latest technologies, trends and compliance requirements.
The labour shortage has impacted every service and maintenance business in New Zealand, no matter the industry, and we are proud to partner with organisations that can offer them support.
If there is an association you think we should partner with, or are a representative of an establishment that would like to discuss partnership, visit our partner page to learn more.